Spring 2021 Pet Cotillion Registration
Date(s) - 03/15/2021 - 04/11/2021
Pets Are Loving Support (PALS) is searching for our Spring “spokespet,” so get ready to show your pride in your pet! In the past, PALS has run a version of this contest at in-person events, but Coronavirus caused us re-imagine this event in a virtual format. The money raised will fund food and basic veterinary care for the pets of PALS’ clients.
Here’s how the contest works:
Owners enter their pet by submitting a brief questionnaire on the event site and e-mailing a photo of their pet. Be creative with your photo. Since spring is upon us, feel free to use flowers, dress them in bunny or baby chick costumes, or dress them for your favorite spring sporting event, like tennis or golf. Showcase their personality and your creativity. Have fun with it!
All registration materials (questionnaire and photograph) must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Atlanta time) on April 11.
Photos should be e-mailed to [email protected] with the name of the owner and the name of the pet in the subject line.
On April 12, voting will begin online. Participants will donate money to PALS in return for votes to cast in the contest. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. (Atlanta time) on April 26.
On April 27, the following winners will be announced:
- The Spring 2020 PALS Spokespet will be based on the pet that received the most votes during the contest.
- The following categories will be judged be a panel of community members:
- Best Photograph (for pets who have their owners trained to use their artistic eye)
- Best Use of Spring Theme (for pets frolicking in the flowers and getting their spring on)
- Best Costume (for pets dressed up for the season)
- Best Team Spirit (for pets dressed for sports)
- Cutest Photo (for pets who are just adorable)
The winners will be recognized through the PALS website, on social media, and in the e-newsletter.
Any pet is eligible to enter the competition except for the two most recent winners of the Spokespet title. Any type of pet is eligible to enter, so please enter your cats, dogs, turtles, fish, salamanders, guinea pigs, snakes, etc.! Pets do not have to reside in the metro Atlanta area.