January 2021 Update:
As we continue to monitor infection levels in our area and across Georgia, the PALS Board of Directors voted at the January board meeting to postpone bingo events for 90 days. While we had successful and socially-distant Drag Queen Bingo events in November and December, infection rates are on the rise again and our first priority will always be the safety of our guests, performers, volunteers, and staff. We will update our website and Facebook when bingo games resume, which will hopefully occur in April if the infection rates are more under control. We hate to postpone bingo again, but we listen to advice from public health organizations and the concerns of ticket holders in making our decision. On behalf of all of us at PALS, we hope you understand and we thank you for your support and patience.
PLEASE NOTE: We are keeping a close eye on briefings from the Centers for Disease Control and other public health authorities and will make decisions about future events as more information about COVID-19 becomes available. All updates will be posted on our website and on our Facebook page. We want everyone to be safe and exercise good judgement.
Safety precautions for Drag Queen Bingo
Lips ceased all shows and events on March 15, 2020, due to COVID-19. Lips was able to reopen on July 9, 2020, with limited dining and shows amid the COVID-19 pandemic by following the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC and those as required by the City of Brookhaven. Lips has strictly followed and enforced all safety requirements.
For safe dining, shows and events at Lips, the following guidelines have been implemented.
* Seating is limited to 100 seats (as opposed to our normal 216 seats).
* A plexiglass barrier has been installed at the reception desk.
* A plexiglass barrier has been installed between the booths located along the left wall.
* Tables are spaced approximately 6’ apart.
* Signs are displayed throughout Lips reminding guests to socially distance, wear a mask when not seated, and to wash/sanitize hands before returning to you table.
* All employees must have temperature checked as they report to work each day.
* All staff are required to wear a face mask at all times.
* Servers, bussers, and bartenders are required to wear latex gloves and masks when interacting with guests and food service.
* Guests must wear a face mask to enter Lips … no exceptions!
* Lips reserves the right to deny admission to anyone who appears to show any signs of illness or anyone who is unwilling to follow our safety requirements.
* Lips may require a temperature check of any guest who shows any sign of illness.
* Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the building.
* Guests may remove their face mask only when seated.
* Mask must be worn anytime you are not seated and moving about within the restaurant for any reason.
* No guests may be seated at the bar or order directly from the bar.
* Food and beverages must be ordered through your server.
* Tables, chairs, door handles, restrooms, and other common areas are sanitized before and after each event.
* All dining utensils, plates, cups, napkins, straws, etc. are disposable, single-use items.
* All guests must have made a reservation (or purchased admission thru Yapsody).
* Walk-ins are not allowed due to safety precautions and limited seating.
* Entertainers are required to wear a face shield when performing and when assisting with guest seating and services.
* The show host, emcees, the bingo caller, and the bingo verifying DIVAS must wear face shields during the event.
* Guests may tip the drag queen entertainers as is customary; however, you may not hand it to the queens or stuff it into their costume. Tips must be placed in the tip receptacles which are located on each side of the stage. There are also small tip buckets on each party’s table. You may also “make it rain” on the queens as they perform on stage.
We thank all of our bingo guests in advance for adhering to the safety guidelines posted above.
Drag Queen Bingo for April, May, June, July, and August have been postponed. All tickets purchased will be honored once the events are rescheduled. Tickets for April’s Dolly Parton Drag Queen Bingo are SOLD OUT. We will not have any tickets to sell at the door for the rescheduled event.